Standard Exterior Finish

prinses

This got me to thinkin', a dangerous pursuit at best. but here it is. Was there any specific pattern, percentage of colors, etc that were applicable to the paint jobs on our old Nam era Herks? Personally, I don't think they should have ever been painted any other way, but guess I am prejudiced to that time period. I do remember seein' some rather subtle and creative patterns on some of the Pope birds, such as the Playboy rabbit, a cloverleaf, I think even a form of the 'mud-flap" chick,on the engine nacelles. Just curious.

Giz

Just a quick note of personal history regarding paint, nose art, etc. Way back when (it was a long time ago) when I was yet a two striper and on a TDY out of Pope, I came across one of those stick on tiger tails from the old Chevron "Tiger in Your Tank" gasoline promotions. Thinking I was the smartest guy on the flight line I promptly stuck it to the fuel panel access door. Bad mistake. My crew chief, the CO, and several other notably higher ranking individuals did not approve. Me thinks, times have changed....Chris