Is this phot legit

gizzard

hey , guys, the local paper is gonna run this in their Saturday TV guide section supposedly from that bastion of historical information, accuracy, and research History Channel. They claim it to be of a young marine just off the boat at DaNang in 65. Some things about it puzzle me, I may be off on this stuff, so let me know. First, his name tag, has both first initials and last name, and is on the left side of his blouse. My recollection is that they were on the right, last name only. Number two, his helmet cover has writing on it which probably didn't happen on your first day on the beach. His hair looks way too long, and he has no rank insignia visible. And, tinwhistle can really jump on this,the picture just looks too high def to have come from 1965.

I ain't no expert on this stuff, to be sure, but I just wonder if this is just a made up picture for their "VietNam HD" series comin' up. I just CAN'T wait to see that. brought to you by the same people who do Swamp People and Ice Road Truckers. Where's the history in those?????

Giz

Edited by gizzard
forgot photo

Wheres the photo?

On the High Def side of your question, you would be very very surprised at how high a resolution photo they used, and not just for surveillance but just for historical documentation as well as the good ol media release.

Here's one from WWII for an example, at this point I have really cut the resolution down just to keep it to an acceptable sized photo (I cant see your photo but I can bet it probably has a resolution close to this one):battle_philippines2_13.jpg