Biography update

Dutch

Thank you Giz.

I had thought about doing this since the last time that the subject of Bio's had came up.

But first I had to straighten out my 201 file.

I would like to see everyone fill out something similar to this. I would like to know something about all of my C-130 friends.

It make's no differant if you are a newby or and old fart like me.

I would like to say "Welcome back to all of the Vietnam Vets, and thank you for your service to each and everyone else that has served no mater which service.

"Dutch"

Dutch,

Pretty impressive!

Like you, I'd like to see everyone take the time to complete at least a basic bio. I know a lot of members aren't present or prior service, but that's OK. I makes it easier to reply to a thread if there is a way to know one's aviation experience.

Don R.

Frank, you have a great history. I was sitting last night chatting with one of my 77 year old employees who was Air America maintenance in the late 60's early 70's and ICCS at the end of Vietnam. Great guy with 58 years of continuous non-stop aircraft maintenance experience. He just changed a fuel control on our "A" model last week and is changing de-ice heaters and coverstocks on a prop now. He has a huge, no that's not right, FREAK'N HUMONGO photo album of his exploits in aviation going back to being a B-47 Crew Chief. For Air Ameica he was at Tahn Son Nuht, Loas and Cambodia.

The other thing, one of our C-130A's and you shared a lot of ground together. Do you remember 57-0466, or "four sick, sick" as it was known in the 39th? 466 was the aircraft with the landing accident in India back in about '61, I spoke with the pilot who flew it in and had the tailwind problem due to "tower" providing wrong wind direction/speed and the pilot who flew it out after the temp repair was made.

One of our PIC's, one William (Bill) Bosley (USAFR Lt. Col, Ret), was at Lockbourne too, and he flew 466 there and later when it was assigned to Duke Field for some time. Last year, we were on a flight test, flew by Lockbourne and old Bill and 466 were together agian plying the same skies they had flown 45 years earlier. It was fun.

Fritz