Type 2 Diabetes

jbob

7 years after I retired and now I'm diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. After checking some of my old medical records looks like my blood sugar was in the norm during my time in so now don't think I'll get anything from the VA for this new diagnosis. What are others experience with post retirement changes in their medical status?

Funny but if I had been in VN it would be automatic.

7 years after I retired and now I'm diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. After checking some of my old medical records looks like my blood sugar was in the norm during my time in so now don't think I'll get anything from the VA for this new diagnosis. What are others experience with post retirement changes in their medical status?

Funny but if I had been in VN it would be automatic.

Don't be too sure about the VN part. Jbob. I been chasin' it for over a year now and all I have gotten so far is a bunch of bullshit from veteran's affairs department of the People's Republik of Maryland. They recently decided that they had sat on it long enough and forwarded it to Kentucky, who then graciously sends me a letter that i had thirty days to send them all kinds of stuff, some of which I had already sent in. They even demanded that I provide scientific and medical prove that exposures,etc contributed to my disease. I thought THAT had already been made a presumption!!! What I do not understand, from the stories that come on the board here about this stuff, is why there is such a difference from state to state. I thought we all served the UNITED states.

Giz

Giz, I wonder. The VA I'm dealing with here is not state but Federal. At least I always felt I was never dealing with any of the state guys. I think the rules are very explicit about the VN thing. The first thing the guys there asked me....If I had ever been to VietNam? I also read that in the rules somewhere online. Funny thing though is I think it's related to Agent Orange. I wonder though if being stationed at Little Rock AFB for a number of years might help! That's where Agent Orange was stored the whole time I was there. Or at least just outside the base in Jacksonville.

I've been told to suggest that my hypertension, especially the meds, might have contributed to my diabetes. That started before retirement.