Fuel Pump GFI Modification Help

casey

I received the message below from a new member via the "Contact Us" link. Can anyone help him out?

--Casey

good morning/evening

Please if any body give me a favorite and solve this problem or give me correct procedures for issue below:

I had finished the fuel pump GFI modification in our c-130 H model aircraft.

after install 14 GFI and did operational check the system work normally during the test except that when With the GFI in the non-faulted state, switch off the input power to the circuit for about one second and then switch it back on again. The response as in the SB Both GFI FAILURE and GROUND FAULT DETECTED LEDs are illuminated for approximately two seconds to test the indicators then goes off.

these LEDs did not come on for this test for all GFIs; where is the problem thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I received the message below from a new member via the "Contact Us" link. Can anyone help him out?

--Casey

good morning/evening

Please if any body give me a favorite and solve this problem or give me correct procedures for issue below:

I had finished the fuel pump GFI modification in our c-130 H model aircraft.

after install 14 GFI and did operational check the system work normally during the test except that when With the GFI in the non-faulted state, switch off the input power to the circuit for about one second and then switch it back on again. The response as in the SB Both GFI FAILURE and GROUND FAULT DETECTED LEDs are illuminated for approximately two seconds to test the indicators then goes off.

these LEDs did not come on for this test for all GFIs; where is the problem thanks

please see SB82-774 revision 4, these lights should not come on in this test, this revision cancelled the old test, best regards

• 2 weeks later...

please see SB82-774 revision 4, these lights should not come on in this test, this revision cancelled the old test, best regards

1 When the TEST button is pressed, a test current is passed through the test coil on the current

sensor. If everything is working properly, the GFI will respond as if an actual ground fault

was detected. This response is as follows:

The main relay will open immediately, disconnecting power from the load.

Both GFI FAILURE and GROUND FAULT DETECTED are illuminated for approximately

two seconds to test the indicators.

The GFI FAILURE indication will extinguish after the two second time delay and the

GROUND FAULT DETECTED indication will remain illuminated.

2 With the GROUND FAULT DETECTED LED illuminated following the initiated test, switch off

the input power to the circuit for a minimum of one second and then restore input power. The

response is as follows:

The GFI will come on with the previous fault asserted and the main relay will be open.

Both GFI FAILURE and GROUND FAULT DETECTED are illuminated for approximately

two seconds to test the indicators.

The GFI FAILURE indication will extinguish after the two second time delay and the

GROUND FAULT DETECTED indication will remain illuminated.

3 Press the RESET button on top of the GFI and hold it down until the GROUND FAULT

DETECTED indicator is extinguished. This will take approximately two seconds. While

holding the RESET button down, the main relay will remain open and power will not be

connected to the load.

4 Release the RESET button. This will close the main relay and connect power to the load.

5 With the GFI in the non-faulted state, switch off the input power to the circuit for about one

second and then switch it back on again. The response is as follows:

The GFI will come on with no faults asserted and the main relay will be closed.

Both GFI FAILURE and GROUND FAULT DETECTED LEDs are not illuminated.

6 The GFI is now operational and ready for service if it has performed as described.

• 9 years later...