T.O.5-1-16 Required. Can anyone Help?

Deputy Dog

Hi Forum,

I am trying to obtain a copy of T.O. 5-1-6 HERMETICALLY SEALED INSTRUMENT LEAK TEST, or a similar document.

The Technical Order relates to the procedure for Nitrogen gas filling of Cockpit Instrumentation to avoid internal corrosion.

Does anyone happen to have a copy? As I am struggling to source this document from the usual sources.

Any help would be great.

Many Thanks.

Deputy Dog

The following, is for the most part, conjecture based on limited data presented.

Am assuming when you write you've had no luck through the usual sources, you're referring to the unit TODO? Procuring TOs is part of what they do. What's their excuse?

Looking at the title it appears it may be a depot level TO. Could your problem be your at the intermediate level requesting a depot level TO?

I know this post isn't much help but if you have a need for a TO, the system should work as advertised and provide it to you. And if it doesn't work, which in this case, it seems it isn't, make noise up the chain.