Aero Precision provides OEM part support for military aircraft operators across more than 20 aircraft
Sign in to follow this  
Dan Wilson

Tail number 7872

Bob, if you haven't heard it already, Eglin has an e model (I think, I forgot to check the air cond intakes) tail 7872 sitting over on the gun testing pad (behind the C-27) and it aint going nowhere since the winders are painted over.

Not a clue what its there for.

Dan

Dan

Thanks I had heard it was there. It was a grounded EBH aircraft. What they are going to do with it I have not heard.

Thanks again,

Bob

Are we talking about 63-7872? I was the assistant cc on her when she was at McGuire (66-67).

Last I heard she was at Peoria with the Illinois ANG. In fact one the guys there sent me a picture. Actually it was a poster featuring 7872. Sure hope they use her in a nice way!

Here's a picture of 63-7872 that was sent to me by a member of the Illinois National Guard.

After McGuire 7872 went to Dyess, when Dyess got H's to Elmendorf, when Slmendorf got H's to 345 TAS then to Martinsburg WV ANG, when they got H's to Peoria, when Peoria got H's to Selfridge, when Selfridge got KC135's back to active duty 61 AS at little Rock then to Eglin