C-12 Compass System Not Synching

Ty Klinefelter

Not a C-130 problem, a C-12 compass problem on a CASA 212. I am a AF retiree working on an Army contract at Ft Bragg. Worked C-130 Comm/Nav and GAC for 19 years.  We defined a problem with our C-12 compass system.  Compasses are not synching. Still have a heading flag on the HSI when the needle is centered on the compass controller. At an aircraft heading of 0 degrees, the heading flag on the HSI does not go out until the controller is adjusted to 347 degrees. thank you in advance.

Tyrus have you done a check of the flux valve? sounds like 1 is lagging? We didnt have a rose at the Grove so everytime I changesd a flux valve, I made sure I scribed the old and new with a sharp point (ETCH) then have aircraft towed N-S-E-W and check how both sides sync. I also had Bear Kramer fly FCF and check it over the Grove. Good Luck Ty! I know you'll fix it! I know it was a pain working the C-12 when we went to Desert in 90-91 cause we had 5 WC-130s (Es) from Kessler with us at Thumb Rat!