As the Christmas season draws near.....

Here comes the Christmas holiday season again. I barely made it home for Christmas in 1962, after returning from two months TDY at Homestead AFB, FL for the Cuban crisis. Our finance weenies concluded that all who had been on the deployment, living in barracks and eating in the mess hall had to repay every penny of the separate rations and quarters allowance for that time in a lump sum. So my paycheck for me and my family on December 15th was $1.00 (There was a regulation that required a paycheck be issued, but there was no consideration for monthly payments or anything like that.)

Years later, spent Christmas 1969 at Nha Trang AB, RVN with a great group of Herky people; but home with the family would have been so much better.

With rememberances of those days, I want to wish the best to all those who are away from home and will not be able to spend this Christmas season with family and friends; and let those guys know that they are in the thoughts and prayers of many of us who have been in that situation before. God bless, and thank you for what you are doing.

John

I got deployed three days after Christmas in \'02 so I was home for Christmas but, that was my 30th wedding anniversary which didn\'t go over well either.

For all the military deployed over the Christmas season our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your families.

We will also be thinking of the C-130 folks from MN, IL, and NC Air Guards currently over the pond into next year.

Merry Christmas to all and keep safe.

- Larry

Thankfully I only spent one Christmas overseas, but then I was a single man, so it was no big deal.

There\'s a lot of folks spending Christmas away from friends and family, and I appreciate their service and sacrifice. Merry Christmas to you all, old and young, home and abroad.