Honduran C-130A

Hamakimon

Alright guys, a few weeks ago I posted a question about C-130A model fuel systems. I received quite a bit of information, thanks! Well, I am down here now and have had the chance to get on the bird and look around. They have a fuel quantity indication problem and I am hoping that atleast one of you knows of a place that carries the components they will need to fix their discrepancy, ie. probes, fuel density caps, fuel quantity relays. I am hoping that someone somewhere stockpiled a wharehouse full of A model parts somewhere.

Thanks again all.

Two places to check are Fritz Wester at TBM or with the Wombat at National aircraft.

You might also check IAR in Chandler. There were 6 A's sold by H&P for parts. They are stil sitting in Greybull, you might contact their owners, one is Total Aerospace in Miami. Also check DERCO, they have lots of parts but I am not sure about A's.

Honduras may have the parts on their other A's. THey got 5 A's/D's. They crashed one right away 556 ex 57-0487 in only 5 months back in 1986. 557 ex 55-0003 is stored at Teguch. 558 ex 55-0015 is the one you are trying to repair. 559 ex 57-0476 had a fire and the remains are at La Ceiba. 560 ex 54-1635 is also stored at Tecguch.

Should be plenty of parts.

Bob

[ATTACH]63[/ATTACH]

Bob,

Below is a link to the attachment portion of the FAQ.

http://herkybirds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachments

Here is my version.

Click on the attachment icon.[ATTACH]73[/ATTACH]

From the drop down select "Manage Attachments."

From the pop-up you can browse to a location on your computer and slect a file for upload or you can enter the url of the file you wish to upload.

Once you have made your selection or entered the appropriate URL click to coresponding upload button.

The screen will refresh and the file names(s) you uploaded will appear in the current attachments block.

Close the popup

Click the attachment icon[ATTACH]73[/ATTACH]again and select the files(s) to add to the post.

I know that was more of an explination than you needed but I figure it may help someone else.

• 6 months later...