Clark AFB Hospital

donwon

I was channel surfing last night and came across Ghost Hunters.

I heard them meniton about Clark so I watched in hopes of seeing some of the base.

I was there on rote from Sewart from Sept.64 till Jan. 65.

I don,t remember if the hospital was there or not back then.

I had worked with a young man a while back that was from there and

he said the base was abandond on account of the volcano.

The Ghost Hunters had some evedince of the place being Hauntd.

That was the only part they showed.

Guest cobra935o

The last time I was at Clark was in 2004, before I was non-vol'd back to hell, I mean Albuquerque, there were ups and downs there at the old Clark. Sometimes it was full of activity as it is now an economic zone where small business' will come and set up and try and run for awhile here and there. From what I hear, the old SOW building is a toy factory now, seems fitting doesnt it? It does suck to think we just handed the base over lock stock and barrel cause we didnt want to pay higher lease fees to the fil gov, and the volcano was a good excuse to get us out of there earlier then everyone expected.

Nathan

Don't know if it's 100% true but was stationed at Dobbins with a couple of guys who were there when she blew and all the locks and stocks and barrels were full of ash. Also I believe the P.I congress voted to not renew the lease since our 99 year lease was up. True or false? Bill

Guest cobra935o

That is true, the base was full of ash, but it was all gone when the first storm came in and washed it all away. As far as the lease, I had heard they wanted a bunch more money, I guess more then the AF thought it was willing to pay, so they were going to back out, and leave anyway, just like I said the volcano helped speed that movement up. In the long run, I think the fils know they made a huge mistake by letting the USAF, and USN leave, they lost millions if not billions in that economy as a result.

• 4 weeks later...

It's construction was started in 63. Completed sometime in 64. I was born in it in 71.

I caught that ep. I had seen some images of the hospital from my godfather George Shipp, who had gone for a visit in 2001. Seeing the images really really depressed me.

Construction of it in 63 > http://kadoorie-kidz-on-block.blog.friendster.com/files/63hosplr1.jpg

Maybe early 70's >

http://zcap.freeyellow.com/Hospital.jpg