Memorial Day

Skip Davenport

This coming Memorial Day we are praying for Marge's Dad. He is 92 a WWII Purple Heart recipient Vet and his health is deteriorating rapidly. We also pray for all of our great brave men and women currently serving in harms way for defending us from all threats foreign and domestic. Let us also not to forget those serving throughout the US and Worldwide in places standing watch protecting and keeping us safe.

I would also like to say thank you to all those men and women I had the great pleasure and honor to serve with. The sacrifices you made with family and friends during your time of duty to our great country protecting our freedom. You are true warriors each and everyone.

For this I salute each and everyone of you.

Have a great day with your family and friends and remember to say a special prayer for those that gave the ultimate sacrifice and those friends who are no longer with us.

I pray for anyone who has ever donned a uniform for our country.

May they rest in peace, and may the future people in uniform, including my daughter, who went to basic on 19 May, hold the flag and our country in the highest esteem, and protect it forever. Freedom lives only because of sacrifice.