No COLA for retirees in 2010

jbob

Looks like us retirees will not be getting a COLA next year. Apparently this is due to a negative cost of living for this year. However if that is the case then why are the active duty guys getting a COLA for next year?

Hint...I certainly do not wish to take anything away from the AD guys but it should at least make sense.

Active duty raises are supposed to be based on comparability with wages in the civilian sector, not cost-of-living. Their raise is not automatic and must be set by congress.

The law concerning the retiree COLA makes it automatic, as long as there is an increase in the cost-of-living over third quarter of the previous year.

Veterans receiving VA benefits would receive the same COLA but it has to be voted on every year and signed by the president.

Negative cost of living? No one told Blue Cross/Blue Shield. They're raising my premiums by $ 40 plus dollars a month. Doing the math that's about $900 a year and the O man is asking the House of Idiots for an emergency $250 check for each retiree. Still having to suck up 650 by my calculator.

We need change! Boy that sounds familiar.

Negative cost of living? No one told Blue Cross/Blue Shield. They're raising my premiums by $ 40 plus dollars a month. Doing the math that's about $900 a year and the O man is asking the House of Idiots for an emergency $250 check for each retiree. Still having to suck up 650 by my calculator.

We need change! Boy that sounds familiar.

Jerry why arn't you using the VA or Dover Medical center? Could save a lot on those insurance priemums.

Muff