Top 10 Flybys of all Times

#2 is also impressive. The size of the aircraft vs altitude!!!!! They know their birds!!!..........Cheers!

This had to be the most impressive. For that exact reason.

Somewhere in youtube or liveleak there is either a black herk landing or doing a flyby, and the ground troops are chasing it in their truck or humvee.

(I gotta start saving those to faves)

Both Navy jet jocks lost their wings for this one:

More of a "flyover", but hey, six of one half dozen of the other.

Wow, did they really ground them because of the fly over?

Hell, they weren't even going very fast, I think they even had gear down on the fly-by.

If that's so, that really sucks!

Dan

Wow, did they really ground them because of the fly over?

Hell, they weren't even going very fast, I think they even had gear down on the fly-by.

If that's so, that really sucks!

Dan

From "what I read" (you know how that is), they are supposed to be at least 1000' over the stadium for flyovers. I think they were just a wee bit under 1k seeing as how their gear nearly clipped that building! :o

Gotta say though, you know for sure that'll be one of the best flyovers you'll ever see at a sports game. Loud and LOW! :)

I'd say give em a break...yeah we have to draw the line for what we let them do, but we've already spent a healthy amount of taxpayer money on training these two to be fighter jocks...I'd rather have them continue doing the job we trained them for, and I'm sure the pilots wouldn't argue.

Its been awhile but I think this one had gear problems inflight, they thought they had it corrected and the gear collapsed on landing but its been awhile so I don't really remember.

If it was planned to land with the bad right gear, I would have opted for both mains retracted, belly skin is much cheaper than two engines, two props and portions of the right wing.

Dan

The last time this video was posted here (quite a few years ago), a comment was made about who didn't get the battery switch. Everybody's gone & the lights are still on. Maybe the FE is still in there making a write-up about the gear?

Don R.