VOR Bearing went 'missing' at 90 and 270 degrees

Just wondering any of you guys experiencing this with PFD/MFD displays (LCD Displays).

With VOR 51RV-1, -4, -5, it was found that the VOR bearing will be out of view at exactly 90 and 270 degrees. This is confirm both on ground using test set and in flight.

Anyone faces the same problem as well?

Doest his mean the pointer blanks out/disappears? Does the To/From CDI work on the HSI display?

We had a problem on a C9 many many years ago, but the specifics are sketchy. Since the FMS800 system didn't need the OBS lines going from the HSI heading set to the VOR, they wired the OBS lines at the VOR into a resistor network. One of the crimps was bad on a resistor.

Not sure how yours is set up, since I have no wiring diagram to look at.

If it does it on all of your aircraft like this, there may be a video driver problem. Maybe the VOR receiver signal isn't strong enough to drive it correctly.

Are the NAV station indicators working correctly? Are they switched to VOR when the MFDs are having the problem? If they are, maybe they are creating too much of a load.

I wish I could help you more, but I am still used to this old analog stuff.

By the way, what country are you in? Just curious.