Gear Limitation Question

Crog

Here is the deal on the placard. All models of C130B's and E's show it to be 168, except for 382C-50E C.G. aircraft that were modified in 1983 with the 165 placard (-5 part number).

Have the manual changed to reflect the correct speeds. Oh wait, that takes approval from a supreme being. What's 3 knots anyway, which is the +/- tolerance of the airspeed indicator?

This reminds me of a pro golf caddy who called off yardages to his player in 5 yard increments. The golfer asked, "Why do you average everything out to 5 yards, when other caddies give exact yardages to their players?"

The caddie repiled, "Because you guys aren't that good." <-- Just a joke. If you want an accurate airspeed, have the FE look at the indicator...

So, you're saying just those particular CG models have a placard that says 165? I have personally seen the 168 placard on a 96 model H3. If 168 is a B-model number, why did the USAF change it in the books to 165? Do any other users adhere to 168 vs. 165 as an Ops Limit?

I'm saying the drawings and IPBs show that it should be 168.

The NATOPS FLIGHT MANUAL NAVY MODEL KC-130J AIRCRAFT manual (-1) shows "Landing gear extended - 168"

Obviously, the USAF -1s are in error. Be careful, the -1 T.O. Gods are not friendly, at least with us maintainers.

"As always, should you or any of your I.M. Force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This tape will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Jim."