Fayettevilel area tornadoes

gizzard

Guys, I just got a couple emails from an old ex-loady buddy of mine who lives in Fayetteville, NC. he retired there after about a 100 years at Pope. Anyway,, they apparently had some devastating storms through there yesterday, including torrnadoes, and did quite a bit of damage, in the Morgantown Place, LaGrange, Summerhill, and Cottonair areas, as well as North Reilly Road to Simmons Airfield. Bragg took some hits, he did not say anything about Pope. i know many of you have connections to that area. Thought I would pass this on. prayers and Wishes to all affected!!!

Giz

NC was hit with over 70 tornadoes over the weekend. The worst were in the eastern part of the state. A Lowes Home Improvement in Sanford near Raleigh was totally destroyed. Every on was safe thanks to the manager and staff. I have not heard anything on Pope either. This weekend at Seymour Johnson was hosting Wings over Wayne Co. The Thunderbirds, many bands, a Tora Tora Tora WWII recreation and many other events were to take place from the 15th - 17th. I have not heard anything from Seymour either, but it appears that the show was stopped on Saturday due to winds.