29 Palms

gizzard

Any of you guys out there, marines in particular, remember a Marine 130 from Cherry Point doin' a no-flap landing at 29 Palms with I think #'s 1 and 2 caged???? I would guess maybe late 90's sometime?? The doc that did did my wife's bunion surgery was a flight surgeon and was on that bird......He told me it was a bit hairy, to say the least. I was hopin' to find someone who knew of it or was on it as well. I gotta say, he did a terrific job on her foot, almost no major discomfort, compared to what many others had experienced from other docs. Anyway, they apparently were successful even though it took damn near the whole runway to land.......... just wonderin'

Giz

Doc Carls did not mention anything about a belly in, just the two out on one side, no flapper landing because they couldn't lower the flaps, and it took nearly the whole runway for roll-out due to high landing speed......... I wasn't smart enough to ask what year, so my guess would be, as I said, mid to late 90's, i doubt if it was much earlier

Giz