Technical advice required

ArcticHerc

I'm looking to identify the differences between the L282 (C130B) and L382G. I'm already working with LM to acquire the drawings but from a budgetary side, I'm seeking to identify the major changes. Current 282 has gaseous oxygen system, Type H NLG, last had -15 engines, has beta lights, oil cooler temp sensor and flap system controls, H Centre wing, Type 2 outers, and I already know I'm crazy for attempting this, but I want to turn it into a L382G with an unrestricted CoA. Any help is appreciated.

Dave

By the time you stretch a L282 you may as well buy an entirely new aircraft. That extra pallet position may never make up for the cost of adding 15 or so feet of cargo room, not to mention all the waterline cracks that you will have to deal with in the landing gear from the added structural stress. Some things are better off left untouched, but to each his own... Good luck with stretching a 50 year old airframe, I hope it works out.

• 5 weeks later...

hi bischoffm. i'm bobby from the philippine air force, i would like to ask you or any of your friend who knows structural of the c-130. one our c-130 has a crack from end to end of its doppler antenna shield or cover located at the belly of the aircraft. now, our maintenance officer just have it repair through a pieces of fiber cloth. is it advisable? will it lead to a structural failure if not replace immediately? please help me on this..