H's and AMARG

bobdaley

Looking at the list of H's (1978-1989) that are going to AMARG.

Does anyone know why the Guard is inheriting so many 1974 H's from Yokota?

Seems they would be the first to go, highest time and off active duty.

I thought maybe wings but they all have new wings, then I thought avionics?

I haven't a clue?

Thanks

Bob

Bob, if they have new wings they probably have the SCNS mod also along with LAIRCM and the landing mod MLS don' t know for sure was with those guys d during shield and storm in 90-91 CRS is taking over lately! oh and can't forget the new Auto Pilot which replaced the E-4 and last but not least the APN-241 radar which our 63 model "E" got at Willow Grove in the 90's.

What about new CWBs?  I thought some of the older Hs received new CWBs after AFSOC and the others that were priority got them so we had plenty of tails available until till such time when the fielded J model #s were sufficient in strength.  It would make some sense to keep older acft with new CWBs and wings around vs. keeping a slightly newer acft that will need a new CWB in the near future.  Just a thought.

Not sure about that.  Guess it would all depend on how the schedule shakes up.  Having a PDM at one point and then 2-3 years later an opening in the CWB replacement schedule opens up.  Doing a full PDM 203 years after it was already completed upsets the 72 month inspection calendar etc.