Longest Unrefuelled Flight for 'J'

Tango

Thats pretty good but we flew 10 hour over waters all the time from Sewart and Lrafb...Never knew objective of this training... From a loadmaster's point of view pretty boring....If you were lucky they would practice some stalls just to make time go by.....After 15 months at CCK why am I in this plane with a 1st Lt. trying to put it into a spin..The 62nd gave all these "good" missions to us Aerial Port Loadmasters...

Picked up a huge tail wind out of Hickham and made it to Dyess, I don't recall the total time, but it was a long flight.

Another trip back from SEA we island island hopped across the pacific with the gear chained down and a fuel bladder in the cargo compartment taking a damaged B model back to Georgia for refitting. We stopped everywhere.

On ‎22‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 2:25 AM, BRlang said:

Thats pretty good but we flew 10 hour over waters all the time from Sewart and Lrafb...Never knew objective of this training... From a loadmaster's point of view pretty boring....If you were lucky they would practice some stalls just to make time go by.....After 15 months at CCK why am I in this plane with a 1st Lt. trying to put it into a spin..The 62nd gave all these "good" missions to us Aerial Port Loadmasters...

Yes it can be boring! In this one the crew flew Hi-Low-High profiles yet logged 13.31! Literally they juiced the fuel with their experience with piston engine flying!!!

• 1 month later...