C-130 Forum Post Feed
By tinyclark · PostedAmen
C-130 News: 2 C-130 transport aircraft re-supply ammo to troops fighting terrorists (Philippine Air Force)
By Casey · PostedOn April 28, two Lockheed C-130 Hercules transport aircraft of Philippine Air Force 220th Airlift Wing have transported essential military supplies to Armed Forces of the Philippines units fighting ISIS-inspired Maute Group in Butig, Lanao del Sur. The two aircraft, with tail number 3633 and 4704, transported loads of ammunition from Clark Air Base to Laguindingan Airport. On April 28, two Lockheed C-130 Hercules transport aircraft of Philippine Air Force 220th Airlift Wing have transported essential military supplies to Armed Forces of the Philippines units fighting ISIS-inspired Maute Group in Butig, Lanao del Sur. The two aircraft, with tail number 3633 and 4704, transported loads of ammunition from Clark Air Base to Laguindingan Airport. “The combat effectiveness and sustainability of our ground forces will greatly rely on the amount of ammunition’s available for them to fight. Without these airlift operations, the capacity for our ground forces to undertake military operations will be surely compromised and consequently the failure of the mission,” 220th Airlift Wing said. 220th Airlift Wing said these re-supply mission increased the confidence of our troops, assured that they will be reinforced, supplied, and evacuated when needed. In effect, confident soldiers are more effective militarily. Army Support Command Convoy Commander and Escort Officer of Logistics Support Group Captain Freginald Martinez expressed his gratitude to the pilots and crew who provided them the most effective and more rapid means of air transportation. They were elated to know that there are now five C-130s in the Air Force, 220AW said. “It is no doubt that the airlift that we provide remains an important enabler for aggressive combat operations such as this. So to all our brothers in the Armed Forces, as a promise, your airlifters will always be ready to respond 24/7,” 220AW said. Source: http://www.update.ph/2017/04/2-c-130-transport-aircraft-re-supply-ammo-to-troops-fighting-terrorists/17079
View full article
By Casey · PostedThanks everyone. I have updated the aircraft in the database. 3755
Some Possible Computer Bumper Stickers
By Sonny · PostedSome possible computer bumper stickers 1. BREAKFAST.COM Halted...Cereal Port Not Responding
2. <-------- The information went data way
3. The name is Baud...James Baud.
4. BUFFERS=20 FILES=15 2nd down, 4th quarter, 5 yards to go!
5. Access denied--nah nah na nah nah!
6. C:V> Bad command or file name! Go stand in the corner.
7. Southern DOS: Y'all reckon? (Yep/Nope)
8. Backups? We don' *NEED* no steenking backups.
9. E Pluribus Modem
10. .... File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)
11. Ethernet (n): something used to catch the etherbunny
12. CONGRESS.SYS Corrupted: Re-boot Washington D.C (Y/N)?
13. 11th commandment - Covet not thy neighbor's Pentium.
14. Windows: Just another pane in the glass.
15. SENILE.COM found . . . Out Of Memory . . .
16. RAM disk is *not* an installation procedure.
17. Smash forehead on keyboard to continue...
18. COFFEE.EXE Missing - Insert Cup and Press Any Key
19. ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI!
20. E-mail returned to sender -- insufficient voltage.
21. Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue.
22. "640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
23. Press any key... no, no, no, NOT THAT ONE!
24. Press any key to continue or any other key to quit...
25. REALITY.SYS corrupted: Reboot universe? (Y/N/Q)
26. Error reading FAT record: Try the SKINNY one? (Y/N)
27. Hit any user to continue.
28. Disk Full - Press F1 to belch.
29. Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic
30. (A)bort, (R)etry, (G)et a beer?
C-130H Performance / Drag Too High
By NATOPS1 · PostedBased on your post I would guess you have gone through the entire list of drag corrections for different aircraft configurations. The baseline model the testing was conducted on plus any mods (+20) seems low to me but I do not know your configuration. Check the paint type on the test aircraft, there have been lots of "changes" with not many updates to the performance manual so being off by 50 doesent seem too far fetched.
By bobdaley · PostedThanks a lot. I've been trying to confirm that one for a long time. Bob Please let us know about the other.
By Dearstone · Posted
By Dearstone · PostedJerry you old son of a gun sure is great to hear from you, remember Wanda Jackson singing "Lets have a party" ? Tell Butch I said hey, I've thought about you all alot through out the years.
By rochieren · Posted
By rochieren · PostedHi Bob, I'm at Campbell... There are two C-130's here... One is on the flight line and is used by the Fire Department. The other is set up as a static jump trainer for the SF guys... The stencil on the tail of the jump trainer says it's 62-1801, but I'll let you know for sure once I get access to the flight deck.
Latest C-130 Fleet Updates
Date LPN Model Status Reg: Owner/Operator Command Division Wing Group Squadron Flight Location 2017-04-28 3755 C-130E i/a 62-1801 US ARMY Fort Campbell, KY Note: jump trainer. 2017-04-21 5763 MC-130J act 12-5763 USAF AFSOC 353 SOG Kadena AB, Japan 2017-03-XX 4982 C-130H i/a 82-0061 USAF Wright Patterson AFB, OH Note: to become an aerovac trainer. 2017-02-XX 5083 C-130H act 85-0040 USAF AAFRES 357 AS Name: War Eagle. Unsure of when the aircraft received the name. 2017-02-XX 5265 MC-130H des 90-0161 USAF AMARC Note: Aircraft remains departed AMARC. Disposition unknown. 2017-02-XX 5807 C-130J-30 act 14-5807 USAF PACAF 36 AS Yokota AB, Japan 2017-02-27 5804 C-130J-30 act 14-5804 USAF AETC 314 AW 62 AS Little Rock AFB, AR Delivered: Delivered to Little Rock AFB. Little Rock's final C-130J delivery. 2017-02-27 4718 C-130H i/a 74-2131 USAF Scott AFB, IL Note: The C-130H FuT provides a controlled environment where personnel can schedule realistic, high-fidelity task training and mission simulation, ensuring that AE crew and ground support personnel remain proficient in providing high quality and reliable patient transport. 2017-02-24 5295 C-130H act 91-9142 USAF 908 AW Name: War Eagle 2017-02-24 5089 C-130H wfu 85-0042 AMARG Davis Monthan AFB, AZ