Aero Precision provides military aviation aftermarket solutions for c-130
Shola

Uncommanded movement of the throttle lever

Please i need help.

We recently encountered an uncommanded movement of the #4 engine throttle lever from ground idle to just before the gate of flight idle. We checked and confirmed that the cable tension is ok. We also cleaned and greased all bell-cranks. Yet,  the problem persists. Once the throttle is moved from the ground idle, it creeps forward until it reaches the gate of flight idle. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 hours ago, pjvr99 said:

check gimbal assembly - something is worn out

Thank you very much. We will install a new gimbal assembly this morning. I will let you know the outcome. Once more, thanks a million. 

We have faced same problem once in the past and as pjvr99 said to check the gimble assy... I m sure problem would be there bcoz in over case which was same we finde accessive play in gimble assy... 

REGARDS. 

Thank you all for your suggestions.  Based on your advise, we replaced the gimbal assembly and carried out rigging of the propeller. The throttle lever creeping has stopped. Again,  thanks for your time. 

Further more the problem in gamble the cables are not in proper places .u can check IPB & 76JG ( all 13 cable length with there actuall positon on gamble) u can measure and resolve gamble problem too.

Gentlemen, I regret to inform you that after ground run of the engines, the creep came back. This is even after replacing the valve housing cover. Our next plan is to swap engine 1 and 4 to see if the problem will transfer.

Have u check the gemble pully cables length.... Plz ensure the pullyes cables are of proper length and part number... Moreover plz check clutch pully bearings for servicability.... 

I think friction knob is used for all four throttle, but they have creeping only on no4 psn throttle not all ?

7 minutes ago, NATOPS1 said:

May sound silly but have you checked the friction lock on the throttles? 

May b but do u think friction lock is the problem??? Bcoz friction lock works for all throttles not for individual throttle lever.... So i dont think that friction lock would b the problem.... 

Just now, Moeed hassan said:

May b but do u think friction lock is the problem??? Bcoz friction lock works for all throttles not for individual throttle lever.... So i dont think that friction lock would b the problem.... 

I think I would make sure before I task my maintenance with two engine changes.

On 10/21/2018 at 3:15 PM, NATOPS1 said:

I think I would make sure before I task my maintenance with two engine changes.

Hello NATOPS. Surprisingly,  the throttle creeping has stopped after we swapped the engines. The aircraft has been scheduled to go for functional check flight. I will let you know the outcome of the FCF. Thanks.