Kulis ANG

1685FCC

To anyone:

Has anyone heard any more news on the move from Kulis to Elmendorf? I know that this was part of BRAC 2005 and they have until 2011 to comply, but it seems like the F-22 deal kind of took over up there. I am curious on how the AD/ANG hook up will work as well. Thanks in advance!

DaveB)

• 3 weeks later...

I heard from an AK ANG person(take with a grain of salt), they were given a few buildings at PAED already. They haven\'t moved in yet or are just starting to.

I\'ve also heard (add disclaimer again) that they are interflying with Active Duty folks. Apparently, they are sharing Herks and Barneys in an associate role. However, the crews are not swapping aircraft types.

It was a sad day for me when the 17th, err 517th, lost their Herc\'s. When I go to the DORF in \'82 the squadron was still in a hanger on the main side of the base. Then they gave us space in Hanger 15 on the back side of the base and we had to remodel it to fit our needs, then get everything moved over, and still keep the flying schedule going. We put a lot of time and effort to get the building in shape, but sadly.....

I want to say that Kulis got Hangar 18, the old 517th hangar. I believe hangar 12 and maybe 14 were torn down for the C-17 hangar. I wander were the guard/AD will be getting there new tails from?

I am gone for the next 30days TDY so talk at you all later.

DaveB)