Black and Green War Machine (MC-130E)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my 2 Black and Green War Machines in the mail today..... AWESOME is as close of a description as I can come up with. You did a great job.

Engine Mike

Thank you for your purchase and for the kind words. If you decide to frame them, I would love to see picture when they are done.

Hi Casey,

Could you do one of the MC-130E with the regular radome. (i.e. 1st. SOS acft. 0564 or 0565)

Thanks, I crewed the Blackbirds at Kadena back in the late 70's with Steve Booe.

Bruce

Let me know what changes need to be made.

[ATTACH]759[/ATTACH]

Hi Casey,

Great Job, the two things I saw that might be changed were removing the forward top antenna where the IFR slipway should be and adding the 2 pods under the external tanks. If you still have the copy of the picture you adjusted for my avatar it might be of some help. I can resend the picture via email if needed.

Thanks,

Bruce

Also forgot we had longwire HF antennas.

Edited by bbsoto
additional information

Hi Casey,

Great Job, the two things I saw that might be changed were removing the forward top antenna where the IFR slipway should be and adding the 2 pods under the external tanks. If you still have the copy of the picture you adjusted for my avatar it might be of some help. I can resend the picture via email if needed.

Thanks,

Bruce

Also forgot we had longwire HF antennas.

The pods are there, they are just hard to see with the dark colors. I'll work on the other changes. Please resend the image.

Casey

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I could sure use some pictures. I was with the 318th at Pope until we moved to Hurlburt and the squadron became the 8th. At the time, I was a prop tech on non-crew

status, so I had a chance to fly bunches of interesting sorties! After we went to Hurlburt, maintainers were transferred out of the squadron. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, other than what I can get off the internet. We had the "whisker" birds, so I would prefer any pictures of those. Sadly, I was at Pope when we lost 0558.

Thanks!