high power run

tusker

.........and what about the feeling of a high power run, the nose bouncing up and down, the machine trying to escape by jumping the run up chucks.. you're in the cockpit, hands on throttles and doing the best you can to get the engine stats on the bouncing gauges!!!!!!!!! A feeling that I'll never forget.....................so good!!

Before my 130 days I had the privledge of working on Connies, the main gear had flex that was called the step, when power was applied the airplane would move forward about a foot as the plane went up on the step. It scared the hell out of me as I was riding the brakes for the first time and thought the plane was going through the Pax Terminal.

good day guys. Concerning Maxtorq comment on the pitch lock check......you look the guy in the eyes and tell him " Do Not let go the switch until I tell you so!!"..it was scary a bit!!!

I still have my run up book. The FE seat is an interesting spot to be too!

The L-1011, an other Lockheed aircraft, was a powerfull machine to ground run too..................take care