Last Night

hlg6016

I spent last night in the high school aditorium watching my painfully shy quiet daughter come out of her shell by making her debut with her high school drama club.

My legs where cramping and my butt hurt on the old wooden seat, I am proud of her because she joined the club on her own and landing a speaking role then memorised all her lines, for her that took an incredible amount of guts.

While I was sitting there my mind drifted to the meaning of this weekend and like anyone else who has served I understand that its only by the grace of god that my family can enjoy this while others are not able, that made me sad.

I also thought about the fact that our country is not perfect but it is worth fighting for and always will be and that made me proud.

I'm humbled by the fact that other families can not enjoy this because sacrifices that have still will be made for us.

When the lights came on my wife and older daughter caught me wiping my eyes and think it's because I was proud, and I am. But the truth is I'm more than humbled and will always be gratefull.......Thank You

I spent last night in the high school aditorium watching my painfully shy quiet daughter come out of her shell by making her debut with her high school drama club.

My legs where cramping and my butt hurt on the old wooden seat, I am proud of her because she joined the club on her own and landing a speaking role then memorised all her lines, for her that took an incredible amount of guts.

While I was sitting there my mind drifted to the meaning of this weekend and like anyone else who has served I understand that its only by the grace of god that my family can enjoy this while others are not able, that made me sad.

I also thought about the fact that our country is not perfect but it is worth fighting for and always will be and that made me proud.

I'm humbled by the fact that other families can not enjoy this because sacrifices that have still will be made for us.

When the lights came on my wife and older daughter caught me wiping my eyes and think it's because I was proud, and I am. But the truth is I'm more than humbled and will always be gratefull.......Thank You

Well, said Hank -- I think your daughter has your attitude and values -- she had the "guts to try"