bulk head???

tinwhistle

I was always under the impression that the person who took advantage of the facilities was the one who emptied it -- of course, that didn't happen very often. I do remember one time, on a trip to Bangkok back in 1966/1967, the loadmaster, SSgt Frank Margiotta, handing the honey bucket liner to a passenger as he was boarding the pax bus.

Don R.

Gizz, Did you ever have to empty the honey bucket on them? I was always told that it was the Loadmaster's job but I dont ever remember one of you guys hanging around long enough to do that!!!

Guess who did have to empty them!!!!

By the way, when I was a temporary loadmaster for 90 days on a Blind Bat crew at Ubon, I made my break as fast as I could as soon as we landed!!! I kinda figured it was the Crew Chiefs job during that time!!!!!!!

I had two occasions when the honey bucket was used, I had a co-pilot who got the runs when we were motorin' around the western Med for some reason. He musta damn near filled it, we got to Torrejon, he goes back, gets the bag out and puts it in a paper bag, where that came from i will never know,and then he hands it to me. I said "Ain't no way I'm takin' shit off a second looey.""""The rest of the crew damn near died laughin'. That was back in the days when you could get by with such stuff, and everybody got into the act at some time or other. Fleet service came out and got it. Second time, we were haulin' fighter troops from Holloman to Tahkli, Bob Daly was one this gaggle, by the way, and i had told the NCOIC of my load what the rules were, he said no problem,if it got used, they would deal with it. Bout half way between Hickam and Anderson, this single striper heads back to the crapper, I told him what th story was, "Tough", he says, and crawls up on it. Wellt hat opened the door for about six others. We land, they start off gettin' off and I grab the NCOIC and tell him 'Hey, you got about ten pounds of shit to deal with, and that little feller runnin out the ramp is the guy to deal with it.""" 'Roger that" he says. he calls the guy back, and the rest is history. I bet that kid would crap his pants before he ever used one again. Now i saw a program called "Dirtiest Jobs in the Military" and saw some troops at POB usin' a sewer sucker to empty out the "comfort station" they called it. I was just flabbergasted. is nothing sacred anymore???LMAO!!!! Oh yeah, I remember one time, too, a troop tried to use it, but I had so damn much 550 cord on the curtain and the frame of it that he woulda died before he got it all untied enough to use it. I always had a phobia of that thing comin' down durin' a drop....

BTW, where is the wench?

Well Larry, Lockheed got smart on this one. The winch is mounted under the floor at Fuselage station 257 to 277. You have an access panel and you can operate the winch from several locations in the cargo compartment. This mod is also available for ALL earlier C-130's. To bad we don't have the money to mod all the other Herks. Bill