Generator Disconnect light not illuminated during test

Farhanz

Hye guys. I really need help. I had an experienced on this issue. Mine generator disc indicator on the overhead panel not illuminate during test. Before test, my aircraft do experience generator out light and failed bearing light illuminate in flight. Pilot tried to disconnect the generator with the gearbox using generator disconnect system, however the indivator didnt illuminate and it forced pilot to shutdown #3 engine to avoid catastrophic mechanical failure. On the rectification after the flight, it found that the generator had broken with shaft do also broken. From my understanding, failed bearing light is due to mechanicle failure or maybe due to the broken of the generator. However, im still confuse that my gen disc indicator not illuminate during test after replacing generator, VR and GCP. When further rectification on gen disc assy, i did found spring loaded hardened pluger of gen disc assy was broken. Once replacing the plunger, gen disc test light illuminate. Can someone please explain to me? 

19 hours ago, Farhanz said:

Hye guys. I really need help. I had an experienced on this issue. Mine generator disc indicator on the overhead panel not illuminate during test. Before test, my aircraft do experience generator out light and failed bearing light illuminate in flight. Pilot tried to disconnect the generator with the gearbox using generator disconnect system, however the indivator didnt illuminate and it forced pilot to shutdown #3 engine to avoid catastrophic mechanical failure. On the rectification after the flight, it found that the generator had broken with shaft do also broken. From my understanding, failed bearing light is due to mechanicle failure or maybe due to the broken of the generator. However, im still confuse that my gen disc indicator not illuminate during test after replacing generator, VR and GCP. When further rectification on gen disc assy, i did found spring loaded hardened pluger of gen disc assy was broken. Once replacing the plunger, gen disc test light illuminate. Can someone please explain to me? 

Dear sir you have done  rectification/ FI  totally wrong.  test system of DISC system of  light  is used to check out all disc  circuity of plunger

When   GEN is Disconnected from RGB   it has been fired.The OUT light of GEN illuminated  due to its rpm drop. But DISC light was  failed to illuminate reason Plunger disc micro  SW was obstructed due to   malfunction of SW or plunger mushroom

Munir Abbasi

6 hours ago, Farhanz said:

Advise, sir. Did u know how or what are the things that cam cause the plunger mushroom to break as its natural working operation shouldnt be like that sir. 

Please  let  me know  actual defect during flight . This was not alarm of system during flight which has been mentioned by you sir on forum. It seem to malpractice of flight engineer

CAUTION Holding GEN DISC TEST switch for an excessive amount of time will fire disconnect(24-20-06)
mechanism.

Best  regards

Munir Abbasi

will the T plunger will broken once initiated sir? i meant, the hardened steel plunger was found released. however, i did not know where is the exact location of the fusible plug mentioned in my manual. how is it melt and how is it released the plunger by melting the fusible plug??

4 hours ago, Farhanz said:

will the T plunger will broken once initiated sir? i meant, the hardened steel plunger was found released. however, i did not know where is the exact location of the fusible plug mentioned in my manual. how is it melt and how is it released the plunger by melting the fusible plug??

Please Contact me  my E.mail  address [email protected]

Best regards

Munir Abbasi

18 hours ago, Farhanz said:

The "fusible" plug (link) is the part that holds the spring compressed and the hardened plunger retracted.  The test circuit is a lower amperage (7.5A if I remember correctly) and the disconnect power is 20 or 25A.

IF you hold the test "too long" you an heat up the fusible link and release the disconnect plunger gendiscon.bmp

21 hours ago, NATOPS1 said:

The "fusible" plug (link) is the part that holds the spring compressed and the hardened plunger retracted.  The test circuit is a lower amperage (7.5A if I remember correctly) and the disconnect power is 20 or 25A.

IF you hold the test "too long" you an heat up the fusible link and release the disconnect plunger gendiscon.bmp

Excellent JPG Picture of GEN DISC SYSTEM SCHEMATIC

Besr Regards

Munir Abbasu

• Thanks 1