C-130s to be Built in India Under Joint Venture

C130Hcc

MUMBAI: Tata Advanced Systems and Lockheed Martin Corporation, on Monday announced the formation of a new joint venture company called Tata Lockheed Martin Aerostructures to manufacture aerostructures for the C-130 aircraft produced by Lockheed Martin.

Link:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/transportation/airlines-/-aviation/tata-lockheed-martin-in-jv-to-make-aerostructures-in-india/articleshow/7494453.cms

MUMBAI: Tata Advanced Systems and Lockheed Martin Corporation, on Monday announced the formation of a new joint venture company called Tata Lockheed Martin Aerostructures to manufacture aerostructures for the C-130 aircraft produced by Lockheed Martin.QUOTE]

Now that's scary -- Tata is the company that manufactures the "wooden" trucks featured on last season's Ice Road Truckers!

Don R.

Jensen, sorry but I think it is a big deal.

The Tata group is made up of 114 companies in 80 countries which include cars, trucks, steel, chemicals, information technology, fiber optic cabling, power networks, beverages, and hospitality. I am now in fiber optics after retirement and they have been on our radar (competition) for a couple of years along with several other Indian companies. They just need to get their foot in the door. We will see.

Ever since they started importing automobiles into this country we have had massive unemployment in all but a few years under Bill Clinton.

You mean it all started in 1888 when Karl Benz started exported German cars? <g>

The current trend in unemployment is due to high labour costs (unionization & healthcare) and a subsequent shift in manufacturing, which has been mitigated by the growth in the services sector. However, as oil prices soar and transportation costs continue to rise, I believe we will see more domestic manufacturing as long as wage inflation is kept in check. There will always be structural unemployment, but the motivated will always be able to find a job.

Don't blame foreign car companies, as almost all of them produce cars domestically and provide thousands of American and Canadian jobs.

The title of this thread is misleading. The portions to be made haven't even been announced.

I am familar with the Tata Group, but this joint venture is just to fulfil the industrial benefits portion of the Indian herk contract and to dress things up politically. We are not going to see herks made by Tata.