APU Generator out put

avio@superherc

2-1.6 Gen 1-4 and APU ACAWS Indications. (Figure 2-4). When the GCU detects an out of tolerance condition, and a generator switch or EXT PWR/OFF/APU switch is in ON or APU, it will open the line contactor and send a system status indication to the bus interface unit BIU. The

BIU will then generate a data word to the mission computer that a failure has occurred in one of the engine generators or the APU generator. An advisory, caution, and warning system (ACAWS) text message (GEN 1,2,3, or 4 FAIL or APU GEN FAIL) will then be displayed for the first ten

seconds in reverse color (black letters on a night vision imaging system (NVIS) yellow background) followed by flashing master caution lights.

System Status Electrical Display. (Figure 2-2). The SYSTEM STATUS ELECTRICAL

display, on the head down displays (HDD), displays generator voltage and percentage of rated current load. Values for generator voltage and load are displayed in columns, labeled from left to right, representing generators 1, 2, 3, 4 and the APU generator. Three voltages are shown in the

column for each generator to indicate the voltage of each of the three phases of the generator: A phase, B phase, C phase. Percent of maximum rated load for all five generators (an average of the three phases) is displayed in the row below the C phase voltage. Information will be presented in

white when in the normal operating range, yellow for information out of the normal range but not out of limits, and red for out of limit values. If the system is not powered, OFF will be displayed in the appropriate data blocks. If the system is disconnected, three dashed lines will be displayed. The

display symbols are generated by the multifunction display units based on information received from the mission computer.

Although, as an FE I'd never have to worry about it, but going from steam gauges to digital like on the J-model must be difficult to adapt to. Our brand new (1991) Frameair Herc had digital fuel gauges that took some getting used to, but in the end, I liked them.

Don R.

I have no damn idea, never worked on a J-model. I am assuming you'd have to switch to that display.

J model has 4 HDDs for the pilots, and the system status page you mentioned is a default page normally there on the No 2. It is my mistake that I didn't notice it until you mentioned it.