FSR

munirabbasi

Hello Avionic expertise

Frequency sensitive relays of C-130 are supplied by  AC generator  Phase C  on "AC" point its TB . The Query is raised in my mind that why phase "B" or A is not  supply from the generator for frequency monitorin g of the  system.

image.png.dbcd182c661e251f984271a8119234ab.png

Best Regards

Munir Abbasi

Home Hercules Pakistan

If electricity sequence is A-B-C, I would assume that you would check C phase because it is the last phase of the sequence.  If last phase has correct frequency, the other 2 (A-B) should as well.

Just my thought on it.  You would have to ask the electrical engineers that designed it to be sure.

Munir, since it makes no difference which phase is monitored, any phase could be used. I have no idea why they chose phase C. Maybe the relay was closer to a phase C connection. The only person that probably knows is the engineer who designed it back in the 1950's.

Sometimes, I think you think too much about these details. 😅

5 hours ago, hehe said:

If electricity sequence is A-B-C, I would assume that you would check C phase because it is the last phase of the sequence.  If last phase has correct frequency, the other 2 (A-B) should as well.

Just my thought on it.  You would have to ask the electrical engineers that designed it to be sure.

Thanks

Best Regards

Munir Abbasi

5 hours ago, hehe said:

My dear brother I agree with you

Thanks

Best Regards

Munir Abbasi home Hercules Pakistan

• Thanks 1