shootin' rats at the old Poquoson dump

Any of you old Langley guys ever go up to the big dump up by Poquoson, shootin' rats???? Especially at night. Used to go up there, sit on the hood of a car, goin' 'round in circles, and pop them with 22's and 22 mags. They'd even drag their buddies off after they were hit. Can you imagine doin' that now?????????? Just a brain blivet I had here. Anybody do any other things like that for giggles?????

Giz

Now I didn't say ALL I did was shoot rats!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! I think the Shoney's was over on Pembroke, if I remember right. I had a '70 SS Nova that was wicked quick and I bet I made five thousand laps up and down mercury blvd. Had soem hellacious fun down on Buckroe, too. Had atrailer down there......... Oh the times.................

Giz

There must have been something bad in the water that year. My wife's 39th is October 18th. Bob

Oops I have been advised that her Anniversary is the 21st. Heck I got the month right.

We got married in the Base Chapel at Langley. We took it as a bad omen that the priest who was supposed to marry us died of a heart attack two days before the wedding.

Edited by bobdaley

Had soem hellacious fun down on Buckroe, too. Had atrailer down there......... Oh the times.................

Giz

One of my crew chiefs, TSgt Stanley Craft lived at Buckaroo Beach. A bunch of us 2-stripers used to hang out there on weekends drinking beer. Man, if an NCO fed beer to a bunch of 18-year old in today's military, there would be hell to pay. I remember he chose to get out rather than move with the wing to the PI in 1965. Had some good times at Langley; just waaaay too much saluting around the BX area.

Don R.

Happy anniversary Giz....and the rest of you old guys. I still have the same gal i married 37 years ago. We spent some time a Buckroe Beach. Never went shooting at the dump though. Speaking of sharing a beer with your NCO...How about the times the squadron brought beer trucks into a hanger to celebrate a good ORI? No soda for us TAC Trained Killers. Couldnt imagine doing ANYTHING like that today!

We had some kind of party at Sheppard in 1967 (tech school) and we had a beer truck in the yard with spigots all along the side of it! I was still there trying to drain the truck when it left!

You mean those kind of things don't take place anymore???

By the way, I put Langley on my "dream sheet" twice---closest I ever got was Dover.

Ken

Thanks to you all. My wife deserves the very best, that is why she has me! Oh, shit she just saw this!!!!!!!!!!!!Anyway, Bob, the priest that married us was so damned drunk the night of the practice i think we just propped him up in the corner and worked around him....

Giz

I put Hamilton on my dream sheet twice....and got Langley twice. In those days the APG AFSC had an F shredout which was applicable to turboprop acft. i.e., C-130 and C-133 acft. My worst fear was returning from overseas and being assigned to either 133 outfits at Travis or Dover

Every year, I think on 4 July, the Langley club had a big big all day and most of the night party. My favorite was the beer truck with the spigots on the side. There were enough so the line was never very long. The guy who invented this truck was a genius. And it was very successfull as it contributed to massive drunkedness of all particpents. I think you're correct Ken. If this kind of activity happened today the CC would without a doubt lose his job. However, times change and what was acceptable becomes unacceptable, sometimes for the better, sometimes not.

I had a new 66 Dodge Cornet 500, 383 ci, 335 hp, four speed. Estimate I wore out three sets of rear tires on Mecury Blvd. My oldest son had his provisional driving permit. After a period of time getting a permanent license required an appearence before a judge. When Bruce appeared it was it was to revoke his permit. Seems a local LEO clocked him at a high rate of speed on, were else, on Mecury Blvd.