Aero Precision provides OEM part support for military aircraft operators across more than 20 aircraft

C-130 blue formation lights

Hello all, I was an RCAF Herk rigger in the late 70’s. I am trying to find a diagram or clear photo showing the location of the early blue formation lights located on top of the wing. If I recall, there were 4, 2 on each side, aft of the box spar. Flush mounted, probably about 3” in diameter with a cobalt blue lens. I am a model builder and want to light up my Herk. I remember them from when I was doing DI’s and was up top checking for cracks or damage to the surfaces. So these were CC-130E and H. This was before the slime lights. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Jeff

2 hours ago, tinyclark said:

There are 9 of them. all #3 in the pic. Location: OW sta 185 and 293, and Ail Sta 103.5 on the wings, FUS STA 671, 701, 731.

lights.jpg

Excellent data! Now I know their exact location.

Thank you for the great information.

Jeff

On 10/27/2020 at 3:32 PM, HerkRigger said:

Hello all, I was an RCAF Herk rigger in the late 70’s. I am trying to find a diagram or clear photo showing the location of the early blue formation lights located on top of the wing. If I recall, there were 4, 2 on each side, aft of the box spar. Flush mounted, probably about 3” in diameter with a cobalt blue lens. I am a model builder and want to light up my Herk. I remember them from when I was doing DI’s and was up top checking for cracks or damage to the surfaces. So these were CC-130E and H. This was before the slime lights. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Jeff

Hi Jeff, e-mail me at [email protected] and i'll set you up with info. 

On 10/29/2020 at 12:47 PM, Bogi252 said:

Hi Jeff, e-mail me at [email protected] and i'll set you up with info. 

Thanks Bogi252, I had emailed you a couple of days ago, but strangely I got the email sent to back my inbox 3 times!

I tried again tonight, seems to have worked normally, I will keep my fingers crossed.

Jeff 🙂