62-1825 with shark teeth

gjinc

Guest cobra935o

Now Moody gets em! Or atleast the slick they have had em (1836? or whatever tail, it is another of the ex ABCCC birds)! Something about the new wing that came in there I guess.

Nathan

The shark teeth belong to ACC\'s 23rd Group (Flying Tigers). When the Hercs belonged to ACC for a litte while the Pope planes belonged to the 23rd therefore had the teeth. When they went back to AMC the teeth came off and the goofy Gryphon went on. The A-10s kept the teeth. The 23rd and the A-10s moved to Moody and now that the rescue birds there belong to ACC they got the teeth too. The 23rd\'s history goes back to WWII flying P-40s in China with Claire Chennault leading them.

US Herk wrote:

I remember when they showed up in Mombaassa for the Somali airlift & the deployed/CC had them taken off.

Big urinary olympics over that as I recall...

Same pissing match when they showed up at Rhine Main to do airland into Sarajevo, they shot at us enough as it was, why give them a target to shoot at! The teeth came off!

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cobra935o

Speaking of the Shark Teeth, I dont know if anyone gets this magazine or not, \"Americas Flyways\", but on the cover they have a picture of 62-1832 with shark teeth on it. It is the Jan 08 issue, and I couldnt find it on their website, but it is really a good picture. I had never heard of this magazine before but it was laying around the sqd today and I saw it and grabbed it.

Nathan

• 1 year later...