68-10935 And RZ Hill

bobdaley

I heard that 68-10935 was flown back from Ramstein to Martinsburg WV to be used as a trainer? to be preserved? Maybe RZ can find out for us.

This was the last flying 68 model. They were delivered the year I started flying Herks.

I never flew a Herk that young.

Bob

I heard that 68-10935 was flown back from Ramstein to Martinsburg WV to be used as a trainer? to be preserved? Maybe RZ can find out for us.

This was the last flying 68 model. They were delivered the year I started flying Herks.

I never flew a Herk that young.

Bob

Yep Martinsburg hase an "E" for aeromed , trying to confirm the Tail #

RZ Hilll

Actually the gift shops were DaBeppi's (not sure of the spelling) and Lino's

Marios was just a nice restaruant to put a pasta cinderblock in your gut and get light:D

My normal meal at Mario's was Rigatoni quatro fromage, Pizza procutio, Tortellini ala panna and something else that I dont remember. Man I miss real pasta

Dan

When I was a dependant at Spangquentin, Germany from 69-73, my dad would by those globe bars, alabaster and onyx stuff down there and resell it at Spang. Seems like there was more than one store, and there may have been a Mario's as well.

yep there were more than one store and depending on what squadron you were in would result in the discount you would recieve. I remember going into different stores -- one I would be in the 8SOS and another the 37TAS -- just needed to remember which was which the next time in town --- LOL

I checked with my mom, and she told me she didn't remember a Mario's. BUT, she said they only went to one gift shop.

I find that hard to believe, because if my dad could have saved a nickel, he'd have gone to another store. Lino's must have been giving him a deal he couldn't refuse, since he spent a couple grand every time he went down there.

Mario's is strictly a restaurant, no gifts for sale there unless you want to consider the dubious gifts of heavy weight gain and hangovers:D

DaBeppis is for the most part a small restaurant/bar but they did have a gift shop in the basement, Lino's however was where all the serious trinkets could be bought. I don't know how many CappoDimonte flowers and bits the wife had me haul back to Germany for her.

Dan

Edited by Dan Wilson

Back in the beginning of this thread we mentioned that 68-10935 was the last 68 flying, now I heard that the last 70 is gone. 70-1264 is a trainer at Camp Bullis. 70-1271 is at AMARG. 70-1260 is a ground trainer at Ft Lee.

I think this only leaves only one of the original AWADS aircraft 64-18240 flying.

Bob

Back in the beginning of this thread we mentioned that 68-10935 was the last 68 flying, now I heard that the last 70 is gone. 70-1264 is a trainer at Camp Bullis. 70-1271 is at AMARG. 70-1260 is a ground trainer at Ft Lee.

I think this only leaves only one of the original AWADS aircraft 64-18240 flying.

Bob

All the Talon1's are 64's

Bob

Ouch, every day makes me feel more like an old fart - got lots of time (and plenty of IFE's) on all those tails:(

Dan