C-130H 2.5s

SonnyJ

I stand corrected. FY 78 not 79. Oh and the Wing Isolation Valves was one of the other items I couldn't remember.

Now can someone clarify as to whether the Mansfield planes were delivered as H2.5s or converted later? I remember flying with that unit but remember them being plain H2s although late model ones. No GCUs back then. I used Jack Boyd once or twice for assistance with 9 AF/Stan Eval visits back then.

But as I mentioned earlier there might be some differences in how some saw the H2s as they got more and more modified off the Lockheed line.

Okc acft are now at The reserve unit at Pittsburg.

The 79-473 thru 480 acft were the second buy and operated by Jackson Mississippi.

The transfered to Charleston Wv. in The spring of 86. They looked like new then, Jackson's crew chiefs didn't want to get rid of them and pickup worn out 141's. We flew these acft till the Summer of 89 when we got 88-1301 thru 1308 that now are w's.

Your acft were split up over the Guard I would see them in numerous places. They were brought back together for your unit.

Of the 8, 475 was the fastest, 479 and 480 the most reliable, tho all were great flyers.

Look on the copilots forward panel on 473 and see if it still has the "turbo boost switch" We had more fun with this on a trip to Korea with the transient maint troops.

By the way what's the average hours on these acft. today?

RZ Hill

Of the 8, 475 was the fastest, 479 and 480 the most reliable, tho all were great flyers.

Well, they're all a little slower now that they've got LAIRCM on 'em. While a little uglier, they're all still damn good airplanes.

Look on the copilots forward panel on 473 and see if it still has the "turbo boost switch"

I don't recall seeing the turbo on 73, might be gone by now. I'll have a look when it gets back from PDM.

By the way what's the average hours on these acft. today?

Not sure, I'll have to check next time I'm out there.