Aero Precision provides OEM part support for military aircraft operators across more than 20 aircraft
Sign in to follow this  
Spectre623

Ghost Rider Getting Painted

Worked on the gun and gun blast a little, added the shading for the wing/ear, and touched up a few areas. 

Img_1689-2.thumb.jpg.4ef135d5b0d9fadcfb4 

A great couple of days at the museum and a few pics.All working hard...even the "New Guy"...sometime!! ha ha. Bill

More painting 63015 004.JPG

More painting 63015 006.JPG

More painting 63015 008.JPG

More painting 63015 016.JPG

More painting 63015 019.JPG

More painting 63015 021.JPG

More painting 63015 023.JPG

Beautiful job you guys! She looks like she is raring to to take to the skies once more. Thanks for taking the time to document the restoration and share it with us. You all should be very proud of what you have done.

Thanks guys, it was an honor to be a tiny part of the team here at the museum to bring her to this point. Bill

Anyone from the paint team know what the FT stood for back then?

FT was the tail code for the 16th SOS.  I assume it was tied in with the Flying Tiger lineage?

Yea not sure, I know the current FT and pope's FT was flying tigers but I couldn't find anything that linked the AC-130's at Uban Royal Thai Air Base with tail code FT to the flying tigers.  Need to do some more digging 

Almost finished. BillTrim_on_GhostRider_7-2-2015_001.thumb.JP

Bill outstanding job you folks did on the paint job. I often drive by on Atlanta road or on visits to the credit union and just brings back great memories of my time at Naha, Mactan, Clark, CCK, TSN, and Kadena. Congratulations for the great job. Muff

If you mean a tour of the inside of this "thing", the answer is no. Only museum workers are authorized inside these aircraft as per the AF Museum regs., which owns this "thing". Sorry bout that. Bill 

Edited by Spectre623

Yea I was hoping for an inside tour, I'll do some sweeping to get on the staff list

Hope the "thing" didn't offend you

Edited by hehe