H's and J's a few questions?

bobdaley

1. Now that Dyess is starting to get its J's, have they starting shipping out any of their H's?

2. Are any of the 1974 H's supposed to get AMP'd?

3. Is Yokota still next to receive J's after Dyess?

4. The recent post about 62-1788 going to the Boneyard said that of the 2 AMC squadrons at Little Rock, one was supposed to get H's and the other J's. Are the H's ex Dyess H's?

5. Is the plan for the 62 at Little Rock to get some 74 H's and return the borrowed ARF H's?

Thanks

Bob

#2 they have new center wings which doesn't necessarily mean AMP will happen (maybe it will happen before Tiny retires:) )!!!

#3 No J's for Yoland for now

#5 62nd will train with the guard on H1, H2, and J's last I heard

Not all based on facts a little Air Force rumors are added and those are VERY reliable:cool:

#1.. Yes most if not all are coming to Little Rock (all to AMC Sqds.)

#2 H-1's not in the AMP budget - that's a story all to itself

#3. Not anytime soon

#4. See #1

#5. No on H-1's and probably no for the H-2's for the time being

All this is based on what's been put into the blender for now - wait until spring and we'll see what happens then..

5. Is the plan for the 62 at Little Rock to get some 74 H's and return the borrowed ARF H's?

Thanks

Bob

The current plan is to completely phase out the 62nd as the demand for "legacy" training diminishes due to new J's and AMP's, and the Little Rock Guard will be the only unit that trains the older H-models. In the near term, the 62nd is scheduled to start up a Reserve unit to stand up and phase out the Active Duty portion of the 62nd. In the long term, the 62nd will phase out the Reserves as well, leaving the Guard for H/AMP training and the 48th for the J-model training. I don't know if they plan on AMPing all of the guard's planes, but I do know they have a few assigned already, but I don't think they are doing training with them yet. So far, it's only AMC that is getting the Dyess H's.

• 2 weeks later...

I brought this up about a year ago and was smacked , saying that it was good for the students to have the varity. Heck we interflew the different H2's from the 78's thru the 90's in the bosina , Panama and Saudi rotations with no problems, just had to know what you had as far as systems go, what's the big deal? When I trained on the A's there were many more different configerations there. RZ