I sure miss flyiing in the mighty Herk

Muff Millen

Facts are facts. And the fact is that it takes an entire team to keep an aircraft in the air. An aircraft may shut down engines at 1700 but thats just the end of one mission and the start of another. I sure remember working all night and most of the next day in all types of weather to make that aircraft airworthy for the next mission.

Facts are facts. And the fact is that it takes an entire team to keep an aircraft in the air. An aircraft may shut down engines at 1700 but thats just the end of one mission and the start of another. I sure remember working all night and most of the next day in all types of weather to make that aircraft airworthy for the next mission.

Yes, you are 110% correct - most people that was maintenance worked these hours too. One thing about it, them old planes are cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Hell, I remember canning engines several times, I always thought this was one of the most stupid things we ever did.

You never flew combat, did you?

Sam told me he was SORRY and what he meant was that sometimes you got to exceed the limits to survive....

I think we ALL understand that WE are different parts of a bigger picture and aircraft need to be fixed so crews can fly missions and when crews fly missions $ht happens and maintainers need to fix airplanes...

Without maintainers crews wouldn't have aircraft to fly and without flyers maintainers would have nothing to do so....

Neither is better! Both are the best at what "THEY DO" and one without the other is like.... well you fill in the blank...

Let’s move on and see what we can "fill in the blanks" with....

1. Oreos without milk...

Why does he not come on here and tell all of us he is SORRY?

I think the world of all of stuff he has writen in the past and mean no disrespect to him but as one of the guys said this was rude.

I never flew in combat but I did spend a year at Da Nang dodging 122MM rockets.

Been watching this one and figured it was about to turn a little ugly. Lets face it, if not for Maint. AND Flt. crew we'd all be ground pounding infantry.Lets get over our little PMS snit and act like what most of us are: mature old pharts.

At no time did I ever think of this comment rude or sarcastic - but rather an attempt at describing a situation when it would be necessary to exceed max bank angle.

Maybe it was just the way it was worded then. I know that the birds flew some drastic maneuvers in VN. But the post was addressing an air show incident. Anyone remember the B-52 that crashed at Fairchild I believe. Hot shot pilot killed his crew during an airshow practice I think. Or the hot shot pilot that crashed the C-17 at the Dorf some months ago during an air show practice. These were normal ops type situations not combat.

Hell I remember a pilot on his last Bou flight buzzed the runway at CRB and did a 90 degree bank over he runway right near where were were working near the nose docks. Not combat situation but understandable. He was heading home, and the old Bou was pretty damn stout.

And thanks Muff.

• 3 months later...

Wow great video. Has anyone ever seen a herk doing lazy 8's? I was with a crew in Thailand that was showing off for a couple of F-4's. We did 2 lazy 8's and got a little respect from the fighter jocks. Our beloved Herks can do some amazing things. e are also fortunate to have the best air crews and maintenance guys in the world. I salute all of you.

Take care and be safe.

Wil