E model (?) seat

WxFE

I have an Flight Engineer's seat, probably from an E model, that I want to eventually put in a corner of my den. It looks in good shape, but I'm looking for information on it to fix it up. Can anyone give a paint spec, the seat belt & shoulder harness model/type, and any information such as NSN or model of the tracks that it rode on? Thanks.

Thanks to all for the help, especially Tiny and Bill. One other thing, it doesn't look green. It looks more (bluish) gray to my eyes. I'll have to go out to the airport and look at it again. Maybe it was repainted? These pictures are the ones he sent me before I bought it. I haven't taken any myself yet. Yes, I cut the straps off. There was a second one when he shipped it.

I100_2396.JPG

100_2397.JPG

Edited by WxFE

The original sea foam green is Fed Std 595 color number 34424 (should be able to go to any number of places and have them mix it up for you...should even be able to get latex.  It may appear blue because in the early 90s, the USAF went to what was called the "Proud AMC Image" which transitioned away from the European 1 exterior paint scheme to the Equipment Excellence system (still in use today).  At the same time, they changed the colors of the interior from sea foam green to a blue and tan...I can dig at home tonight to see if I still have the color #s but painting it sea foam green is the more accurate color.

The Fed Std 595 color numbers for the Proud AMC image (where we transitioned from Sea Foam Green to Blue and Tan) are

Beige - # 23531 (semi-gloss)

Blue - # 25414 (semi-gloss)

You can google Fed Std 595 and actually see color swatches on line.  We used Sherwin Williams latex paint (5-gal buckets) when we did refurb on C-141s.  I'm sure you can still get the latex (if desired) or other types, i.e. lacquer, polyurethane etc.  Most car paint shops should be able to mix it for you with just the Fed Std 595 color above and whatever size package, i.e. pint, quart etc.  Good thing is that if you are slightly off in shade, it shouldn't be too big of deal since you are repainting the entire seat and not touching it up/trying to match and existing paint.    

• 8 months later...

Anyone have any leads on where to get a decent, reasonable priced , MD-2 lap belt and/or MB-2 shoulder harness? Someone I know sent me a link to a place that has them new, for about them price I paid for the seat itself! For that matter, I found an MB-1A shoulder harness for a reasonable price. It looks very similar. What do y'all think - would that be a suitable sub? Even for a den/bar chair I wouldn't want something too different; as long as it fits and doesn't looks like something jury rigged.

• 1 year later...

With the serial number, can someone  look-up the tail number a seat was originally installed on? I've asked the guy I got it from and no response on that; although he did reply back he might have a lead on a lap belt. I looked at a street view of the address he gave on S. Wilmot Rd in Tucson and saw a 130, but the tail number wasn't visible.